On 31st March of 2009 the Commission for the Efficiency of Enforcement Procedures started it’s activity as a new body to serve the civil Justice, based on democratic principles, independent and pluralistic, which works as a Plenarium and Executive Board, responsible, among others, for:
- The emission of recommendations towards the efficiency of enforcement procedures;
- The emission of recommendations towards the training of Enforcement Agents (an independent professionals working as bailiffs);
- Quality, access and final evaluation demands and procedures of training period to become Enforcement Agents;
- Analysis the fulfillment of legal rules and upholding of the incompatibilities and impeachments of Enforcement Agents;
- The initiation of disciplinary proceedings and the application of proper penalties/ sanctions to Enforcement Agents;
- Performing regular inspections to the Enforcement Agents.
The Commission for the Efficiency of Enforcement Procedures was created after a rigorous and in-depth analysis, made from 2005 to 2007, of all legal constraints found in enforcement procedures after the reform of 2003 entered into force, and is based on a legal resolution after a wide spread political and parliamentary consensus, thus originating Decree-Law nr 226/2008, of 20th of November, approved in the use of the legal authorization granted by the Parliament, through Law nr 18/2008, of 21st of April.
Our website concretizes our goal to ensure the transparency and clearness of our activity by publicizing our agenda, documents and other works done by the Commission and simultaneously presents a wide range of information that we consider very useful to those who need to analyze the enforcement procedures (debt collections) or the statute of Enforcement Agents in Portugal, presented in a simple and decoded way, thus aiming to create a trustful link between the Commission and all those that visit our website, regardless of being justice operators, users of justice or business men.
Paula Meira Lourenço, Presidente of the Commission for the Efficiency of the Enforcement Procedures